Monday, 22 July 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint Review

This weekend I picked up a few bits and bobs from Superdrug in town. I'm usually more of a Boots girl, but they were having three for two across their nail products, so I took the opportunity to pick up three Barry M nail varnishes from the new Gelly Hi-Shine range. I've wanted to try this range for a while and I can't resist a good offer. I think the general idea of this polish is that your nails look like they've been shellaced, meaning you don't have to faff around with going back to the salon to get your shellac removed. Very appealing if you ask me.


I chose the colours Passion Fruit, Guava and Blueberry (left to right) and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The formula itself is pretty gloopy and takes a while to dry, but once it does, it dries to a shiny, smooth finish. I used two coats and my nails haven't chipped yet after wearing the polish for two days. I think this is probably due to the thick formula. However, you could probably get away with just one coat if you were in a rush.

I'm currently wearing Passion Fruit, a gorgeous reddy-orange colour, that really brightens up my pale skin tone. It's universally flattering and very summery in a cocktails on the beach sort of way. Perfect for this legitimately hot summer we're having in the UK.

The Barry M polishes are a great alternative to other pricier summer nail varnishes, such as Essie's Summer Mini Collection 2013 and hold up just as well in the heat. I wouldn't say that my nails necessarily look shellaced as was the intention, but they are pretty shiny and that's good enough for me at £3.99 a bottle. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...