Monday, 29 July 2013

My favourite: Moisturisers

Moisturising. Oh how I love and loathe thee. Moisturising is a necessity for me, since I have very dry skin, or thirsty skin as a beautician once described it. I must admit that I don't moisturise as often as I should. I'm trying to get into the routine of moisturising every night before I go to bed, but because it's been so hot, I keep skipping out on it because I hate the feeling of sticking to the bedsheets. I religiously moisturise my face, but my body gets left out. Mainly because I keep forgetting, but I'm trying to upgrade my beauty routine and I'm making the effort to stick to it.

This brings me onto my favourite moisturisers. I have two, mainly for the different seasons. My first is L'Occitane's Creme Ultra Riche. I adore this moisturiser for the winter, when my skin is seriously parched. It's really, really thick and moisturising and leaves me with beautifully soft skin. It is pricey. Very pricey at around £30 for the tub. I only ever buy it when I have Debenhams vouchers, but it's so worth it when I do. It does last a long time because it's so thick and a little goes a long way. 

I tend not to need this so much in summer because it is intensely moisturising and my skin isn't quite as dry, but it's a winter staple. I do really like L'Occitane's moisturisers, the hand cream being my favourite, although I tend to stick to their classic smells. I never really like the limited edition florally scents, then again I'm not a big fan of florals generally. Simple is definitely best for me. 


My other favourite moisturiser is a more recent find. It's the Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil. You can usually get this for about £8, which is a little more purse friendly, but still not a proper bargain. I'm still looking for a really cheap, miracle moisturiser. I like the Aveeno oil because it sinks in really easily and is not at all greasy. It's really hydrating and makes my skin very smooth. It does smell a little almondy, so if you're not a fan, then the scent probably isn't for you, but it doesn't linger on the body. I find this great for summer because it's not heavy, like the L'Occitane cream and it still does the job. 

Aveeno is specially formulated for dry skin, so I knew it would be a safe bet. I've used some of their other body products in the past and have always been impressed. Their face products on the other hand, I'm not so keen on, but I'll save that for another post. It's a great product for a quick moisture top up and the pump bottle means that I don't waste any- always a plus.



I didn't put up any pictures of the moisturiser itself, because a) it looked a bit dodgy and b) you're just going to have to take my word for it that it makes my skin softer. Trust me. 

I'm always on the hunt for new moisturisers, so if you have any recommendations, then let me know! 

(On an unrelated note, I've managed to borrow my sister's camera for a little bit since she's not using it and I loooooove it. It's a DSLR and I'm so jealous, since I've always wanted one and it's now making me want my own one. Time to start pinching the pennies...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...