Saturday, 27 July 2013

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick 08

I've been on the hunt recently for a perfect nude lipstick and I think I may have found it. This is 08 from Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick collection. It's a matte pink brown shade and is a pretty good match for my natural lip colour, just a bit better. Thankfully, it's not the sort of nude that zombifies my lips!

I spent a lot of time in Boots and Superdrug, testing lipsticks on the back of my hand like a madwoman until I found this one. A lot of the lipsticks I tried were way too brown for my skintone and as I've got a pinky undertone, I have to make sure I err on the pinkier side or else it really doesn't look right. As you can see below, it looks a bit different on my lips and my hand, but then again, I'm not wearing it on my hand outside of the house!




The lipstick itself is a bargain at £5.49 in Boots, who often do promotions on Rimmel products, so I got this one at the same time as another Kate Moss Lipstick for buy one get one half price. It's got a great pigment and smells really really good. It reminds me of some sweets I used to eat when I was younger, but I can't remember what they're called. Argh it's driving me crazy trying to remember. Probably for the best that I can't remember though!

I've worn it out a couple of times and it is pretty long lasting. Not all day, but I only had to touch it up a couple of times, which isn't a massive hassle. The lipstick is pretty creamy, goes on smoothly and didn't dry my lips out. Since it's so natural, you don't need a lip liner or anything like that. The other colour I bought, 107, is a more dramatic dark red and is very similar in texture and durability. Good to know that the quality of the collection is consistent.

I don't think I'll be buying any more right now, purely because I'm not sure if any of the other colours will suit me, but I'll keep an eye out for any new ones that may pop up in the future.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...