Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Sleek Face Contour Kit Light Review

Whilst I was in Superdrug the other day, I decided to pick up something from Sleek, which is a brand that I've never tried before. I always like to try out new products and seeing as how Sleek wasn't too pricey, I thought I'd give it a go. I ended up buying the Face Contour Kit in Light. £9.99 gets you a matt contour colour, a shimmery highlight colour and a glittery rose pink blush, not completely dissimilar to NARS' famous Orgasm blusher for a fraction of the cost. I do love a good dupe.


I think this product tonally works very well as a set of three. I have very pale skin and ginger hair, so I'm a little wary of anything too dark, for fear of looking too vampy or too muddy, but this palette errs on the right side of pale. It's not too subtle, which is a good thing. There are too many products aimed at pale skin that wouldn't seem out of place in a zombie's make up drawer. Thankfully, this isn't one of them.

As for the products, the blush is probably the best. The highlight is pretty, but unremarkable. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's not particularly special either. The contour is durable and goes on smoothly, but is maybe a touch too dark for my tastes. I must admit though, that I'm not particularly adept at contouring, and frequently end up wiping the failed attempts off my face. I think the trick is to start light and build colour, rather than slap it all on with gusto... I've still got a lot to learn when it comes to contouring.

As for the blush, it catches the light beautifully and brightens my cheeks. I think it's a great sheer, summer blusher that isn't too in your face. It gave me a healthy glow and although I'm not usually a fan of glittery blushes, this one was quite subtle so didn't leave me looking like I'd bathed in fairy dust. Can't be a bad thing.

For the price, I think the colour pay off is great and it's very suited to pale skin. A great little starter kit.


Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...