Monday, 19 August 2013

Beauty Face Off: Pore Strips

As a new feature, I thought I'd pit two similar products against each other and today it's the turn of the pore strips. Nobody likes gunky, clogged pores and the idea of these is that they remove blackheads, grime, etc and leave your pores all clean and cheery. 


I picked up one bargain and one expensive option to compare, so let's get going...

In the red corner, we have Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Facial Pore Strips and in the blue corner we have Bioré's Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. They're both similar products, but how will they fare in this head to head battle of the beauty products?

Price

The clear winner here is Boots' offering. At £3.33 for 6, it's much cheaper than Bioré's £7.99 for 6. (In the picture I have the box of 14, but for the sake of fairness, I'll compare the similar sized boxes)

That's round 1 to Boots.

Aesthetics

Let's be shallow here, the Bioré strips are in a much nicer box. The Boots ones look pretty ugly and cheap, but it's what's inside that counts. Bioré do both nose and general pore strips, whereas Boots only do generic strips. Not a massive difference between the strips themselves, but for their hideous box, Boots has to lose.

Ding ding round 2 to Bioré.


Effectiveness

I didn't take any pictures of the strips post-use because that is grim. Nobody wants to see anybody else's blackheads. I can report that while they perform similarly, I'd have to give this round to Bioré, just because they seemed to remove slightly more grime.

Round 3 goes to Bioré.

Usability

Now, you have to be a little careful with both of these and follow the instructions carefully. If you don't, then they just don't work. You need to make sure that you make sure your skin is damp and your hands are dry and then leave it alone. It's tempting to put extra water on, but don't do it! They won't harden and nothing will happen. Believe me. I actually had more problems with Bioré not working, which surprised me. You have to be very, very careful not to get water on the outside once its on your skin.

And that's round 4 to Boots.

Knockout

I'd have to give the title to Boots. Considering that they're half the price of the Bioré pore strips and do pretty much the same job, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Sorry, Bioré, maybe when you're on offer!

♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this post, the boxing references made me smile. I actually picked up some of the biore strips today in asda since they were on offer for £4. I haven't tried them yet but i'm hoping i'll like them. If i do then i may get the boots ones next time!
    Sam X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh I might have to take a trip to Asda... They are really good, but the Boots ones are a great budget version!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...