Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Cheap Bioderma Dupe: L'Oreal Micellar Water

Everyone and their dog has been banging on about Bioderma recently. A French pharmacy product that apparently makes angels sing when you pour this heavenly nectar onto a cotton pad. Hmm. I think a lot of its popularity is to do with its exclusivity. It's hard to get hold of, unless you're in France and that makes it all the more appealing. And expensive.

However, it is possible to get your hands on Micellar water, which is essentially what Bioderma is and for much cheaper than it would be to fly to France, or get it imported.

Hello fancy water in a bottle
L'Oreal have just released their Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution, which is currently on offer for £3.33. Bargainous!

Basically what this does is remove all your make-up. I'd say that it is isn't quite as effective as a traditional eye make-up remover at removing stubborn mascara, but it makes pretty quick work of foundation etc. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, just not as fast.

It also claims to unclog your pores and tone your skin. Not sure if it does this, since I mainly use it as a make-up remover, but I'm sure there must be a reason why they're claiming it does these things.

One thing to note with this is that the liquid tends to come out quite quickly, so you should be careful when tipping it onto a cotton pad, otherwise you'll oversoak it and wasting product is never cool.

I'd say this is a great way to try Micellar water on the cheap. I'm not 100% sold on whether its such a miracle product, but I know I'm not willing to shell out 20 odd quid to get some Bioderma over from France.

Final Verdict: Effective make up remover, but would still recommend using a traditional cleanser afterwards.

♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...