Friday, 16 August 2013

Mexican Chickpea Salad recipe

The other day I made Vegangela's delicious Mexican Chickpea Salad and I just have to share it here. I'd been on the look out for an easy salad to make for lunch and stumbled across her blog. I'm excited to try out more recipes since this one was so good! The flavours of this salad all balance perfectly to create a really zingy, fresh and filling dish.


Vegangela's Mexican Chickpea Salad

Calorie estimate: About 600 for the whole lot (portion accordingly)
Price estimate: £1.68 for everything (roughly, I mean, it'll cost more if you're buying the spices for the first time)

Ingredients:

  • 1 400g can chickpeas, drained (60p)
  • 3 medium tomatoes, quartered (50p)
  • 1 medium red onion, chopped into small pieces (20p)
  • 1/4 bunch fresh corainder, chopped (20p)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (or any vegetable oil) (10p)
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice (5p)
  • 1 tsp ground cumin (1p)
  • 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or any chilli powder) (1p)
  • 1/4 tsp salt (1p)
Recipe: 
  1. Whisk oil, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl
  2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add to bowl
  3. Chop the tomatoes, coriander and onion and mix together
  4. Enjoy!

Such an easy lunch, or side dish. Thanks, Vegangela!
Categories: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Great post doll.
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award!
    Check it out on my blog
    sparkle-bug.blogspot.co.uk
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I'll go check it out :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...