Wednesday, 14 August 2013

No7 Beautiful Skin Normal/Dry Review

A few weeks ago, I decided to change my skincare routine. I had been using odds and ends from loads of different companies and my skin was really suffering. I have sensitive skin and it does not like being messed about with. I think that some of the ingredients in the different products didn't really go together and that meant that my skin was red and irritated. I also have dry skin and no matter how much moisturiser I slathered on, it just didn't seem to work. Right, I thought, it was time for a change.

I was in the market for something simple, unfussy and gentle. After umming and ahhing for a while, I settled on the No7 Beautiful Skin range for Normal/Dry skin. I wasn't aware at the time that they actually do a range for Dry/Very Dry skin because my local Boots doesn't stock it, but actually, I am very pleased with this range.


I purchased the following:
There was a 3 for 2 offer on, so I got the cleanser for free. It's a little more than I would have liked to pay for skincare, but I thought that it was a good idea to spend money on a decent brand. There are cheaper, gentle skincare options, such as the Simple range, but I have tried that range and didn't really get on with it. Instead, I thought I'd fork out on something mid-range. I always get the impression that No7 makes an effort with their skincare, since it's aimed at a slightly older target market, and therefore I thought that it was probably a safe bet for a good result.

Now, as for the products themselves...

Gel Cleanser

At first, I found this cleanser a little odd, having only ever used foaming cleansers previously, but it does a very good job of cleansing my skin without stripping it and does leave it very smooth and soft. It doesn't have a strong smell at all and a little does go a long way, so I think it will last a while. I'd definitely buy this again.

Day Cream

I'm pleased with the day cream. it's very moisturising, as well as containing SPF 15 and UVA protection. It's not at all greasy and sinks in quickly. It doesn't smell of much at all, which I'm thankful for. My make-up is easy to apply on top of it, even a few minutes after I've put it on, so all positive, really. I would like a tad more SPF in it, but I can always apply SPF separately where necessary, so not a massive drawback. 

Night Cream

The night cream is functional, but not massively impressive. It feels the same sort of consistency as the day cream, except without all the sun protection. My skin does feel silky soft when I wake up, so it must be doing something, but I wouldn't call it a miracle product or anything. It's pretty standard. This is the only part that I'm not sure I'd necessarily repurchase.

And how does my skin feel after using these for about two weeks? It really has improved. The itchiness and redness I was feeling before has completely disappeared and my skin is smooth and soft. I'm very impressed with the overall effect! My make-up goes on much easier and I haven't had many, if any, spots. I feel like this routine is very kind on my skin and although it isn't a miracle worker (my skin isn't flawless by any means), it does do a good job and I have seen a big improvement in the texture and look of my skin. 

Final Verdict: I am very impressed with this routine and I'd recommend it for anyone wanting a simple, quick and effective skincare routine.

Categories: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. I've just downloaded iStripper, and now I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...