Sunday, 18 August 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 005 Crush Review

One of my friends is a big fan of these Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, so I thought that I'd give one a go after hearing her rave on and on and on about them. Seriously, you'd think she worked for Revlon. A quick search revealed lots of rave reviews, so maybe she's onto something. I also read that they're a good dupe for Clinique's Chubby Sticks, which piqued my interest. In my quest for objectivity, I closed the browser tabs and went to try one out for myself.

I picked one up in Boots a while back when they were on offer, but they usually retail for £7.99, which seems a little pricey to me for a lip stain. The packaging is pretty sleek and if you twist the silver bit at the bottom, it reveals more of the product, which is a nice touch. I like when companies colour coordinate the packaging and the product, so A+ on that front, Revlon.

I think 005 Crush looks like a glass of fine, red wine
The Balm Stain glides on easily and comes out relatively sheer. It has little bits of shimmer in the balm, but because they're so minuscule, they're more noticeable in the packaging than on your lips. The colour on these is buildable, so you can go from subtle to intense pretty easily. And that's about it, really.

It comes out quite sheer, but you can build the colour
In all honestly, this product left me feeling a little flat. I didn't really get a great, giddy high from a great colour pay off, or intense moisturising benefits. It was just a bit, well, average. I think Revlon does some great products, like the Lip Butters, which I much prefer. I just don't think there's anything particularly special about this product that warrants its price tag. I know that the Chubby Sticks are about a tenner more, so yes, it's cheaper than them, but really, what are you getting? It just turns your lips a slightly different colour. Nothing to rave about, in my opinion.


It adds a little colour to the lips, enhancing your natural colour

Final verdict: Alright, but not that special. I prefer the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters, which have a wider range of colours and are more moisturising.

♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...