Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Celestial Review

Yes, I know that everyone and their dog has reviewed the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers, but you know, that doesn't mean I can't chip in with my opinion as well!

Rimmel brought these out quite recently and are billing them as better than lipstick or gloss. That's quite the claim, so does it hold up?

Celestial by name, Celestial by nature
I picked up the colour Celestial, a neutral pink. I toyed with the idea of the more shocking pinks, but to be honest, when am I ever going to wear them? These lip lacquers cost £5.99 RRP, so are mid-range price wise, but are usually on offer. There's usually a 3 for 2, or x Rimmel products for £x in Boots, so just wait for them to be cheaper! 

Warning- don't actually wear lip products here

The actual product is a bit weird. It feels quite dry on the bottom and then gloopy on top. I like the effect that it gives, but it really does not last. At all. One touch of your lips to a glass and the gloopy layer comes right off. I find myself reapplying this multiple times a day, which can get a little tiresome. The dry layer does tend to last a little better and does leave a bit of colour behind, but in a very subtle way. Perhaps the stronger colours might leave more colour behind.

Surprising how long it takes to get a good lips picture
One thing about Apocalips, although it didn't do it this time, is that it often bleeds around the edge of your lips. Not a massive issue, but can look a bit odd up close. It also leaves my lips feeling quite dry, so I find that if I put on lip balm first, it applies a little better. 

I do like the colour, though. It gives a nice matte finish and looks striking on first application. With a few top ups, you can sustain this, but it is a bit irritating to keep doing this. The applicator is soft and makes it easy to apply and the lacquer has a sweet smell, which does tend to linger if you're into that sort of thing.

I think the colour is the best thing about this product. It's strong and bold, without being obnoxious. The main drawback is the staying power, but if you're not fussed about reapplying, then it would be good for you. Personally, I find it very irritating. Depends on what you value more.

Final verdict: Not as revolutionary as Rimmel would have you believe, but still a solid product

♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥
Categories: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try this out, as I know everyone is raving about it! The colour looks lovely on you!

    Just discovered your blog and wanted to let you know it's fab!

    Scarlett xx
    scarlettlondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is good, but be warned, it doesn't last very long!

      Aww thank you so much! Really means a lot :) Especially coming from someone like you with such a professional blog! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...