Sunday, 18 August 2013

The Liebster Award!

I was very kindly nominated for the Liebster Award by the gorgeous Jo at Sparkle Bug, who runs a fantastic beauty blog. The point of this award is to spread the word about great, lesser known blogs!

The rules of The Liebster Award are:

1) You must link back to the person that nominated you
2) You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
3) You must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
4) You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5) You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees

Here are my answers to Jo's questions. I added pictures because I like pictures haha.

1) What are your three "can't live without" products?


Tough one! I'd have to say:

  • It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product because it really is a miracle. My hair is 10000% times better when I use it. Love it. I got it in TK Maxx and probably should have bought more than one bottle because I can't seem to find it in there anymore
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo because who can be bothered to wash your hair every day?
  • Johnson's Baby Oil because when mixed with sugar/salt it makes the best DIY body scrub and it's just generally great for any moisturising related activities. Love it.   

2) What made you start a blog?


I just like the sound of my own voice. Ha ha not really. Well, ok maybe a bit. Basically, I wanted to start writing about things I enjoy, so this blog was born.

3) Which blog is your all-time favourite to read?


I love Louise at Sprinkle of Glitter. She's so witty, positive and confident. She puts so much effort into her blog and you really get a sense of her wonderful personality. A total gem.

4) What is your favourite drink?


Believe it or not, it's actually water! Whenever my grandparents see me, they always buy me water, like these gorgeous Fiji water bottles.

5) What is the most you've ever spent on a beauty product?


The Stila Convertible Colour in Poppy for £16. I blogged about this a few posts back. It was pricy, but I love it. I usually favour cheaper make up, so this was a massive treat for me, but totally worth it.

6) How many pairs of shoes do you own? (stab a guess..?) ;)


More than I think I have! 18 at last count. These are my favourites, Clark's Hamble Oak Brogues.

7) Where would your dream vacation be?


Japan! I've always wanted to go there since I was younger and obsessed with anime. I may have grown out of that obsession, but I do really want to go to Japan. Especially in the spring when the cherry blossoms are out. Gorgeous.

8) What is your favourite item of clothing?


Excuse the eBay style picture, but it's this dress from Joy. It's a 40s style dress with a cowl neck and is very flattering on my figure.

9) If you could be any celebrity for the day who would it be?


The Legendary Miss Britney Spears because I always have and always will love her.

10) Night out...do you go heavy on Eyes or Lips?


Definitely on eyes! I actually didn't own any lip products (beyond lip balms) a year ago! I like this Mac palette for a smoky eye. Now, before anyone calls me out on the fact that this probably costs more than the Stila Convertible Colour, I received this as a very generous Christmas present one year, so technically I didn't pay for it! 

11) Skirts or shorts?


Skirts all the way. I don't own any shorts. Again, excuse the eBay-esque picture. This is my favourite skirt that I got from TK Maxx. Knee length suits me best.

My nominees:

1) Lipstick and Lectures
2) Dolce Beauty
3) Spring Summer Susie
4) Love and Liquor
5) Belles and Bows
6) Colours & Curves
7) Daydreams Daisy Chains
8) Fashion Squash
9) Lorilee's London
10) Pretty Gloss
11) Beauty from the Fjord

My questions for my nominees:

1) Which would you rather give up for life: Mascara or foundation?
2) What is your favourite bargain beauty product?
3) What is your favourite clothes shop?
4) What did you want to be when you were younger?
5) Would you ever shave your hair off for charity?
6) High Street or High End?
7) Who is your beauty inspiration?
8) What is your favourite song?
9) Top beauty tip?
10) What's on your beauty wishlist?
11) Who is your embarrassing crush?

Enjoy and happy blogging!

♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination. I feel so happy & super excited! So glad you like my blog. Will definitely do a follow-up post. xx


    Sarah
    Pretty Gloss ♥ beauty, makeup & a bit of life..
    bloglovin | twitter | pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I look forward to reading it :) You've got such a great blog. I think you deserve so many more readers!

      Delete
  2. Hi Hester,

    I have already done a Liebster Tag, so I did not do a new post for this one. However, I have added your questions and my answers to a previous Liebster Post and linked back to your blog. Thanks for the nomination

    Beauty from the Fjord - Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry I didn't realise you'd already done one. Thanks for still answering my questions- great answers!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me! I read this post when you wrote it back in august and totally forgot to write my post back but I am writing it today even though it's a little late. Sorry. Lorilee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'll go and check your post out now :)

      Delete
    2. Or if I manage to actually read properly- I'll keep checking back until it's up :)

      Delete
  4. Hello,

    I have finally put it up. Sorry I took so long!

    Lorilee xxx thank you once again for nominating me

    http://lorileeslondon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/libster-award-i-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...