Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Sleek Blush by 3 Pumpkin Review

Now, before you think I've lost my mind, hear me out. As I said in my last post, the lady at the Laura Mercier Counter said that I should wear more orangey toned blushers and lipsticks, so I found myself frantically scrabbling to find a decent high street coral blusher. She used the Coral Red Illuminating Powder on me, and it looked really good, but I'd spent enough money, so I thought I'd get something a bit more affordable.

This is where Sleek comes in. I already own their Countour Kit in Light, which I have already reviewed and I really like that, so was very pleased when I spotted one of their Blush By 3s in Pumpkin. At first glance it looks intimidatingly orange, but I've learnt that a little goes a long way and that less is definitely more.
 
Sleek Blush by 3 in Pumpkin
Woah that's bright
The set of three blushes costs £9.99, which is a pretty good deal. I'll have to be honest here and say that I will probably only use the one on the left, Lantern. The other two are a bit bright for me and Lantern is the perfect shade that I was searching for- a shimmery coral.


Sleek Blush by 3 in Pumpkin Swatches
P Pie, Squash and Lantern respectively
As with the contour kit, these powders are highly pigmented and glide on your skin easily. They have great staying power, great colour and stylish packaging. I really like Sleek blushers. I haven't tried anything else from their line, but if it's as good as these products then I'll definitely be back for more.

Sleek Blush by 3 in Pumpkin Swatches
Not quite as bright when blended
To avoid looking like a clown, I take the teeny tiniest bit of product- less than I have on my hand, above, and blend it out with very delicate sweeps. Once you've put too much on, you're gonna have to take it all off. It's easily buildable, however, if you want to look like a cartoon character. I was so uncertain about this suiting my pale, ginger freckled skin, but it really does work! 
But make sure, if you use this yourself, to please please only use a little bit. I learnt the hard way. Don't make the same mistake.

Bottom line: A set of affordable, high quality Sleek blushes. Would recommend in a heartbeat.
 
♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...