Sunday, 29 September 2013

Southampton Day Trip OOTD


So, I'm just trying something out and doing an outfit of the day post. I don't know if this will be worth it, or if anyone cares, but I don't know, I thought I'd give it a go. I'm a bit bored of seeing all the samey looks all the time, so here's my own ~look~ if only to throw a little variety into the mix. I'm also not a massive fan of the thousands of pictures of the same outfit, with different wistful looks into the distance, so I didn't bother with that. You get the idea from one photo, I think. Although next time I might bother with some detail shots, because I seem to have missed out my shoes...
 
In putting this up, I am in no way saying that I am fashionable, or a fashionista, or that anyone should be awed by my sense of style, but I like seeing how people dress, especially people who don't fit the model mould, so hey ho, I'll give it a go.
 
The other weekend we went down to Southampton for a little bit of a wander around and I wore quite a casual, comfy outfit. Not pictured are my brogues, which I mentioned in my Liebster Award post. I didn't manage to get them in a picture, but you can use your imagination I'm sure. I kept my makeup really simple as well (what's that called? A face of the day? Something like that) and kept the focus on my paisley dress. I'm a big fan of paisley and burgundy and this dress ticks both boxes.

Southampton Docks 
Just chilling by the docks, so caj
Outfit of the Day 
 
Chambray Shirt: Gap
Paisley Dress: Vila
Turquoise Necklace: Oasis
(Barely Seen) Ring: & other stories
Bowler Hat: H&M
Black Bag: Vintage

Face of the Day

Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser (Reviewed)
Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Powder
Sleek Blush in Lantern (Reviewed)
Body Shop Brow and Liner Kit in 01 (Reviewed)
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black/Brown
Max Factor 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm
Hugo Boss Orange Woman (Reviewed)
 
Unfortunately (or fortunately) for you, most of these items are pretty old, so you won't be able to ~steal my style~ if you were colourblind enough to want to, but I think paisley is pretty in right now, and there are always denim shirts banging about. 
 
So, there we go, my first OOTD post. Did you like it? Would you like more pictures, or is one enough? Let me know!  
 
♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥
Categories: , ,

2 comments:

  1. I love personal style statement and the vintage feel of your dress and the necklace - very pretty! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...