Thursday, 19 September 2013

The Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask is Rubbish

I'm a big fan of giving credit where credit is due. I like talking up good products and singing their praises but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world where everything is fine and dandy. Sometimes products fall short of expectations, of the claims they make, of their reputation. I feel the need to document these failures as well, in the spirit of fairness of course. 

One such failure is the Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask. Ok, so you might think that failure is a bit of a strong word, but this "deep cleansing" face mask deserves it. It simply does not do what it says on the tin (or tube if you're going to be pedantic about it). I'd actually probably go as far as to say that it's the worst face mask I've ever tried.

I should probably add that I'm no great fan of Simple skincare, but I do actually fit their demographic. I have dry, sensitive skin, which means that it should be a perfect fit for me. It's also an inexpensive brand, which is good, but I've never found their products to be that effective. Call me biased if you want, but at least I've admitted it upfront.

Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
Here is the offending item. Just look at it lying to me...
Anyway, despite my reservations, I decided to give them another go and bought their deep cleansing face mask for £3.99. A great price, but that's where the compliments end I'm afraid. This face mask claims to draw out deep down dirt and eliminate dead cells. I can report that it did nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
I don't know why my hand looks so ruddy here
The consistency and texture of it is not at all like a face mask as I know it. It's more like a moisturiser if anything. It's astonishingly thin, watery and bland, with no discernible scent. It applies quite easily, but that's due to its sloppy, wet consistency. The instructions say to leave it on for 3 minutes and then rinse it off. So, that's what I did.

Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
I did actually try this on my face, don't worry
I've become accustomed to face masks drying, or changing consitency whilst they are on your face. I'm also used to maybe a tightening sensation, or a tingling one as the face mask does its work. This does nothing. Absolutely nothing. It just sits there. It's rubbish. When I washed it off my face, my skin felt exactly the same as it had in the minutes prior to my face mask experience. Seriously, don't waste your money. 
It claims to be perfect for sensitive skin and true, it didn't upset my skin, but it also didn't do anything else either. It's really not worth it. There are better face masks out there. I've written about Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask, which is so so so much better. I know it's tempting to buy a cheap face mask, but for a couple quid more you can buy ones that actually do something. Sorry, Simple, I'm not impressed. Maybe one day I'll find something I like from your line, but for now I'll pass.

The bottom line: Avoid like the plague. Rubbish.
 
♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥
Categories: , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I admire your honesty :)

    http://avpaccessories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think there's any point in pretending that bad products don't exist haha

      Delete
  2. I tried the Simple liquid eye makeup remover which does not remove mascara properly. Based on this experience alone, I will not purchase another Simple product. Appreciate your review.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...