Monday, 14 October 2013

Easy DIY Corkboard For My Room

A quick, easy corkboard DIY today. I've been looking for a cool corkboard for ages. I even toyed with buying this very expensive Urban Outfitters Mini Cloud Corkboard Set, but then I just decided to make one myself. This isn't really a DIY as such, because there's not any cutting or sticking involved, but it wasn't sold as a corkboard, so technically I have re-purposed it, which makes it a DIY....right?!

Cork Board DIY
It's the perfect size for positive thinking
I picked up a corkboard trivet from Tiger, which is great for cheap, quirky items. It came in a pack of 2 for £2, which is an absolute bargain. I just put it up on the wall with blu tack and hey presto, cool corkboard. I like that it's circular, rather than rectangular and is really thick, so it holds the pins easily.

I bought the clouds and raindrops pins from Paperchase, which is not normally a shop that I am particularly fond of, but maybe it's because they were in the shape of clouds I relented. They were only £2.50 as well, so not too pricey. I had the postcard hanging around anyway, so decided to stick that on for a bit of positivity and my new creation was born.

Obviously, I'd only use this corkboard for little notes and things like that, since it is a bit on the small side, but it fits nicely above my laptop and it was really easy to do, so definitely a winner in my book.

What do you think? Have you ever re-purposed anything?
 
Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: ,

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, just to let you know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award and hope you'll join in :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...