Tuesday, 1 October 2013

I love my Nikon D3200 DSLR to bits

I wrote in my birthday wishlist post that I wanted to get a DSLR camera for my birthday and I managed to get my wish! Huzzah! Or rather, I got some money towards one and I made up the difference! I wrote in my wishlist that I wanted a Nikon D5100, but changed my mind since writing that post and ended up with the Nikon D3200 DSLR. 
I am a completely amateur photographer and wanted to buy the best DSLR camera for beginners. I was intimidated by phrases like live histogram and aperture priority setting, having thus far only owned a Canon Digital Ixus 75, which is a standard point and shoot, and although it did the job, I was looking for something a little bit punchier.

I was actually pretty clueless as to what made a good DSLR camera, so did extensive research online, consulting every article imaginable for beginners DSLRs, before eventually settling on the D3200. I also bored the sales assistant stiff in Jessops, asking thousands of questions and umming and ahhing until I made up my mind. I decided to stick with just the kit lens for now and then buy more in the future once I've decided what sort of photos take my fancy.

Best DSLR for beginners
My beautiful baby post-instagram filter
When picking my new DSLR, my first decision was the age old one- Canon or Nikon? I went for Nikon purely because they're a bit cheaper, but still really good quality. I then was realistic about the amount of money that I had saved and plumped for one of their entry level DSLRs. I thought that since I'm a complete beginner, it probably make sense to go in easy, in case I didn't take to photography. However, I am happy to report that I absolutely love it! I am obsessed with my camera, to the point of awkwardness.

Since getting it I've been taking photos of everything, just to practise. I've also taken new company headshots for the website at work, which is pretty cool. I mean, I'm in no way a professional, but I'd like to get better and the only way to do that is to get out there and take pictures!

So far I'm really impressed with the quality of the images on the D3200- they're really punchy and realistic. The camera isn't as heavy as it looks and although I'm still learning what the different modes do, it's been easy to pick up for a beginner like me. I'm hoping to develop and grow and eventually be able to use manual mode, but I think there's still a long way to go. I mean, I still haven't even used the sports mode setting yet!

I might do some posts on photography in the future, since I really enjoy it and so I can see myself improve, but here are some of the shots I've taken so far. Let me know what you think...

Salad for Dinner
I turned into one of those people and took a picture of my dinner

Over the shoulder
A familiar face :)
 
Royal Astronomical Society
This is the first photograph I took on my camera. Pretty cool.

So, Blog, I'd like to introduce you to your new best friend, the Nikon D3200, Nikon D3200, I'd like to introduce you to your new mate, Blog. Let's play nicely, now.
 



♥ Follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...