Thursday, 3 October 2013

Stressed out? Relax with Phoenix Rising

There's no better cure for when you're feeling a bit stressed out than luxuriating in a bath with a Lush bath bomb. My bath bomb of choice this time was Phoenix Rising, a glittery, cinnamony ball of pure goodness. I am a big fan of Lush, and have written about their products before, most recently the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask. I love their stance against animal testing, their fresh products and their natural ingredients. Yes, they're not perfect, but they are brilliant.
 
Lush Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb
It's so pretty and so glittery and so not my usual thing

I was feeling a little strung out the other night and thought I'd treat myself to a bath. My sister had bought me Phoenix Rising for my birthday, since its name reminded her of Fawkes the phoenix, so I thought I'd give it a go. The bath bomb itself is one of the two types of bath bombs that Lush make and is one of the ones that doesn't produce any bubbles. This can seem a little odd at first, and a little exposed, but since it's just you in the bath (unless you've got company, in which case good on you!) it doesn't really matter. The bath bomb has a very strong smell of cinnamon, which I love. I'd go as far as to say that it's my favourite smelling spice, so it's perfect for me.

Lush Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb
I tried to spare you the general grimness of my bathroom

Phoenix Rising is covered in gold glitter, so I did think that it might make me glittery, a la Britney's sparkly Toxic bodysuit, but instead it left my skin feeling soft and my soul rejuvenated. Ok, maybe that's a bit far, but it was pretty relaxing. The bath bomb also includes shea butter, jojoba oil and cocoa butter, which is probably why my skin felt so smooth. The cinnamon was very soothing and the pretty colours certainly helped to chill me out. The bath turns a wonderful shade of magenta, with just a subtle hint of shimmer. Gorgeous.

Lush Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb
It is quite magical. I wonder if they had something similar in the Prefect's Bathroom...

For £3.25 it's a fantastic treat for yourself. Yes, I know it's not the most cost effective bath ever, but who needs to be penny pinching all the time? You've got to have a little bit of fun. I'd say that, of all the bath bombs I've tried, Phoenix Rising is the best Lush bath bomb. Well, at least the best of their regular stock. My favourite is actually Brightside, but that's only available at Easter, so I'm counting down the days until I can get my hands on it again. Figuratively of course...

Definitely give it a go if you haven't tried Phoenix Rising already. Maybe you'll be a person reborn, or maybe just very, very moisturised. It's win-win, really.

 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Lush have amazing bath products- I don't think I have tried a single one that I didn't like but my favourites are Creamy Candy and Dragon eggs :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love Dragon Egg! I haven't tried Creamy Candy, though. I might have to pick one up soon :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...