Thursday, 31 October 2013

Lush Pumkin Bubble Bar Review | Happy Halloween!

Since it's Halloween, I thought I'd put up a vaguely relevant post- Lush's Pumkin Bubble Bar. I find that Halloween isn't really such a big deal over here in England, which is a shame, since I'm a big fan of black and orange. I think it's getting more popular, judging by the amount of Halloween themed chocolates in the shops, but I don't think it's up there with Christmas and Easter. After all, we have Bonfire Night, which is far more exciting! My local rec always has an amazing fireworks display, themed to music (last year it was James Bond themes), so I'm looking forward to that!

Anyway, onto the bubble bar. It's called Pumkin, not Pumpkin, which upsets me somewhat, but I mean, it's all the rage to drop letters (tumblr, flickr etc) so maybe P is the next to go. It's very cute, and shaped like a pumpkin, so you can't really go wrong. It's a bubble bar, which means that it's very crumbly! The idea is that you crumble it under the tap and it creates lots of bubbles and turns your bath a gorgeous orange colour. The main ingredient of this bubble bar is Ylang Ylang oil, which is supposedly good for you in some way. According to the wikipedia page, it reduces high blood pressure and is an aphrodisiac. Ooh-er!
 
Lush Pumkin Bubble Bar
Spot the real pumpkin! (Hint: only 3 out of 4 are edible!)
You could probably get away with using half of Pumkin in your bath, but I opted to use it all for maximum bubble action. If you do break it apart, then it is way more economical, although at £2.75, it doesn't exactly break the bank! I found this a lot easier to crumble, than some of the more solid bubble bars, like the Comforter, which I find really hard to break apart, but maybe I just have really small hands. It made my bath smell gorgeous and turned it a lovely orange colour. There were loads of bubbles and my skin felt really soft for ages afterwards. A real winner!
 
Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: , , ,

3 comments:

  1. How cute! Sounds like a great little product & a must try. Thanks for sharing.

    Loved your comment on the spelling of the product, made us smile. We prefer pumpkin too :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really cute, isn't it? Apparently I've now found out it's called Pumkin to align with their mother's day one, Mumkin! Clever!

      Delete
  2. It's called Pumkin for a reason. It's an orange version of the Mumkin. They didn't just drop a letter for the hell of it. ha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...