Friday, 11 October 2013

Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express Mascara Review

Ok, I caved to peer pressure and bought this mascara after hearing loads of bloggers harp on and on about it. I'm throwing my hat into the ring and reviewing the Maybelline the Falsies Mascara. I got the one with lace on it and I don't know what the difference is between this one, and the one without lace, but there we go. Maybelline seem to have a lot of mascaras in similar tubes, with similar names, but with different patterns on the lids. What's up with that? Who knows...

Anyway, I've only reviewed one other mascara so far on this blog, the Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Mascara, so you can compare creepy eye close ups with that one if you so wish. I have to say, comparing the two, that the Falsies is much more natural than Wild Mega Volume, which now that I look back, is good, but is very uniform and rigid, whereas the Falsies is a bit more feathery. But anyway, we'll get onto that.

Maybelline the Falsies Mascara
Nice tacky lace on that tube there, Maybelline

So, the Falsies. It's a relatively cheap mascara at £7.99 in Boots, so pretty mid-range. The packaging is truly hideous. I'm not mad on pink, or lace, so it was never going to be a winner with me, but it's quite a good size for carrying around with you, if you're into that.  
 
Maybelline the Falsies Mascara
It's a very flexible wand. I'm sure there's a dodgy joke in there somewhere
Maybelline have christened the wand 'spoon-shaped' and I suppose that's quite a fitting description. You put the scooped part against your lash and wiggle it up. It's quite bendy, so that works in your favour for getting to the hard to reach lashes and creating curl. The formula is decent, actually and doesn't clump. After just one coat, my lashes were lengthened, separated and looked longer. It did do what it promised on the tube after all!

Maybelline the Falsies swatch
Staring at this is really making me freak out. Anyone else?
 
I'm guessing that Maybelline called this mascara 'The Falsies' because it's supposed to look like false lashes. Hmm. I don't think that it quite lives up to this name. It made my lashes quite feathery and followed their natural shape, but didn't make them look particularly false. I wouldn't look at my eyelashes and think Katie Price, I'd think more Katie Holmes. Not a bad thing at all, but not a false lash effect. But then again, can a mascara ever do what false lashes can? I doubt it very much.

I do like this mascara. It's not omg the best mascara eva~* but it is pretty decent. It's more of a daytime mascara, so don't let that saucy lace on the packaging fool you! I can see why there would be a lot of hype around this, but I'm not sure that it's the holy grail of all mascaras. I think I'll have to continue my quest.

Bottom line: A decent, high street buy. Doesn't quite live up to the hype, but then again, what does?
 
 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

3 comments:

  1. I really like this, but I use the flared one. For me it's perfect for a feline look with both intensity and lash length :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I might pick up the flared one next time! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. If you want to Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner and all products of Maybelline products, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/brands/maybelline-new-york/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...