Sunday, 27 October 2013

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review

If you have dry skin like I do, then you'll know how important it is to keep it hydrated during the winter. For this reason, I decided to give a cleansing oil a go and settled on the Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I have never tried an oil for skin cleansing before, but thought that since oil adds moisture, I can't go wrong with it for hydration purposes.
The Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil costs £10, which is pretty good in my books for something that goes a long way. I use this morning and night and have been using it for a couple of months and I've still got over half left. Well worth the tenner in my opinion.
 
Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil
Spot the elephants!
I really like this. I have not had any problems with dry skin thus far and I think this does an excellent job of cleansing my skin and removing makeup. I still use a different eye make up remover, because I'm scared of putting oil on my eyes, but it takes my foundation etc off with ease.
I use two pumps of the cleansing oil and put it directly onto my skin, then I wet my hands and massage it in, which lathers the oil slightly, and then I wash it off. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not squeaky clean, which I like, because I think that squeaky clean removes some of the moisture. 

I've got really sensitive skin and this cleansing oil is very gentle and has caused me no problems whatsoever. My skin feels normal for once, which is a big breakthrough! My friend, however, has oily skin and she tried this and she hated it because it was way too moisturising for her. It exacerbated her oiliness and although it says that it's for all skin types, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
I think this is much better than the last cleanser I had, which is the No7 Melting Gel Cleanser. Once I started using the Camomile Cleansing Oil, I realised how drying the Gel Cleanser was. Not to say that it was bad, just that I need something with a bit more moisture.
If you have problems with dry skin, then I'd definitely recommend this as a mild cleanser. I wouldn't say that it is the most amazing cleanser ever, but it is a decent, gentle, thorough cleanser that won't break the bank. Good enough in my books!
 
 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...