Sunday, 6 October 2013

Super Cool Urbanears Plattan Tomato Headphones

Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon and bought some urbanears Headphones. What a wannabe. I went for the urbanears Plattan in Tomato and thought I'd write a quick review.

Urbanears and ipod classic
I never realised how difficult it would be to get a good picture of some headphones!!

I have very small ears and find it difficult to find in-ear headphones that actually fit, or that don't hurt, so I have resigned myself to the fact that I will forever need big headphones. What a #firstworldproblem... Anyway, I'm glad that urbanears headphones exist because they are seriously cool and make me feel better about my tiny ears.

They come in loads of different colours and I went for red, because it's my favourite colour. I have to say that it wasn't the exact shade of red I was expecting from looking at the pictures, and it is more of an orangey red, so I ended up inadvertently matching my lipstick to my headphones when I wore my Laura Mercier Roman Moon lipstick the other day. Is that a faux pas? I'm not sure.

The urbanears headphones are really comfortable, with adjustable sliders for the size of your head and can be folded up for easier portability. The only thing I can see being an issue with them is the fact that the headband is made of fabric and that's going to get dirty pretty quickly. At least in my bag, anyway...

Urbanears in sunlight
Look at dat lens flare

There's a handy little button on the cord, which stops and starts the song you're playing when pressed, although there isn't a volume control, which would have been a nice touch. The plattan headphones are mildly noise cancelling and don't leak your audio, unless you are playing some proper bangin' choonz. They only have the cord from one ear, which is great because it stops that annoying tangling and the cord is covered in material, which will probably get dirty, but it does look good.

The urbanears headphones retail for around the £50 mark, but I got mine cheaper on Amazon for about £37, which is a better deal in my book. I'd definitely recommend them if you're looking for some colourful, cool headphones and they're a great alternative to beats by dr dre, which are much more expensive and to be honest, about the same, sound-quality wise.

The bottom line: Want to look cool? Buy urbanears. Want to cancel out the irritating coughs of fellow commuters on the train? Definitely buy urbanears.


Urbanears outdoors
Music. Makes the people. Come together. Yeah.

And just while we're here, here are some songs I'm loving at the moment. Or if you want to make it even more relevant, here are some songs I've been listening to on my urbanears headphones:

Ask: The Smiths

I love Moz. I love how ridiculously full of himself he is. I love that his autobiography is a Penguin classic and I can never pick a favourite Smiths song. However, I have been loving Ask recently. I do like a good tongue in cheek love song.

Work B**ch: Britney Spears
 
Britney (or Godney as she should be known) is a true love of my life and this song is sick and I don't even care who knows it.She's back to her best and she knows it!

Everybody Wants to Rule the World: Tears for Fears

An eighties classic. I've been really getting into Tears for Fears recently and love this one. I don't know what it is, the melody or maybe the lyrics but I feel it.

Walk like a Man: Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

I went to see Jersey Boys recently, and while I didn't really like it, I did like the songs! This one is stuck in my head and I don't even know why. I think it might have been the slightly embarrassing dancing that accompanied it. Hilarious.

Blu Cantrell fr Sean Paul: Breathe

A classic. Reminds me of being younger and thinking I was cool. Absolutely guaranteed to get a sing-a-long going. I just have to hold back on the commute and not bop along. For it is one of the rules of the London Underground- no singing, no dancing and absolutely no eye contact.

Well, there we are. What a mixture. What songs are you into at the moment? 

Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I it sounds so good when everyones blocked out. I'd probably end up missing my stop.

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/


    P.S Breathe- what a tune!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Luckily I stay on until the end of the line, otherwise I totally would miss my stop! Agreed :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...