Friday, 1 November 2013

No Spend November | Beauty Ban

Ok, I've got a confession- I have a beauty spending habit. I can easily drop a looot of money in Boots. I don't bat an eyelid loading up a basket in Superdrug. I practically count down the minutes until the newest beauty samples come out in the magazines. Not good at all.

My biggest weakness is skincare. I am always buying new lotions and potions to try and improve my skin. However, in my quest for better skincare, I think I'm actually damaging my skin by changing up my routine constantly. Not just that, I'm also wasting money.

I realised this the other day, when I cleared out my bag and found at least four Boots receipts from the past month and was shocked to see just how much I had spent. I've recently saved enough money for a new laptop, but wondered why it took me so long, and looking at those receipts, it doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Kate Spade Purse Chained
The world's fanciest padlock and chain

I am blogging about this, so I become accountable for my actions. I need to break the habit and I need to do it now before I get out of control! I decided that this November I'm putting a stop to my unnecessary beauty spending and this is why I'm doing it:

  • I am buying products that I do not need just to review them. This is not a good enough reason to spend money! I buy products, try them, and then store them. What's the point? If I don't love it, then I don't need it
  • I need the money for more exciting things- moving out, holidays, a new camera lens. I enjoy experiences more than a new lipstick, so my money is better spent on those
  • I have to stop believing the hype around products and buying them because they're big in the beauty blogging community. I've been a little better at this recently, since I didn't cave and buy the Maybelline Baby Lips, but I have bought a couple of hyped products and to be honest, I wish I hadn't
  • I really don't need any more beauty products. I have more than enough moisturisers, cleansers, foundations, lipsticks etc to keep me going for a looong time. I really must use up what I already have.
I am committed to doing this, so have set myself a couple of rules to remember for when I am feeling tempted:

1) I do not want to buy any beauty products from 1 November to 30 November inclsuive
2) I do not want to buy magazines with free make up products attached
3) I do not want to spend money on beauty products. I want to save my money for better things.

So, here we go. I'll probably do a couple of catch up posts, to see how I'm getting on. Wish me luck!
 
 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

3 comments:

  1. I so need to do this! I might join you!! However as a splurged today I'll have to do it into December! It has to be done, I too buy stuff just to review it and half the time I forget - it's madness

    notanotheroneamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally start it! You could do it now, so at least you got that splurge out of your system!! I know- it's so easy to do, but so bad for my bank balance :(

      Delete
  2. Did you know that that you can generate money by locking special areas of your blog / website?
    To start just open an account with AdscendMedia and run their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...