Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Spiced Butternut Squash Soup | Winter Warmers

I love a good soup in Autumn/Winter and this year I've been making a spiced butternut squash soup to take to work. I would say everyday, but that would be a lie. It's whenever I have the time to make it, so maybe three times a week, depending on the quantities I make. I don't think I could have the same soup for lunch five times a week, so I do mix it up a bit, but this has been my favourite. It's very easy to make, and tastes delicious. So, here's the recipe:
 
Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
 

Spiced Butternut Squash Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 Butternut Squash, halved
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp chilli flakes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 500 ml vegetable stock
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

Recipe

  1. Halve the butternut squash and place on a baking tray. Spread on half the olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin seeds and chilli flakes. If you want the soup spicier, then add more, but be warned- it can get very spicy! Then roast for 40 minutes, or until soft
  2. Heat the other half of the olive oil in a large pan and add the minced garlic cloves and chopped onion. Fry until soft and then add the softened butternut squash from the oven. Obviously, don't add the stringy bits, the skin or the seeds. Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for a bit
  3. Blitz with a hand blender (or pour into a blender) until all smooth and combined. You can add more or less stock, depending on how thick you like your soup.
  4. Serve and enjoy!
I generally get 3 servings out of this amount of soup, but feel free to thin it down with more water if you want! I'm thinking of expanding my repertoire and making some different soups- anyone got any suggestions?
 
 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: ,

2 comments:

  1. I could do with this right now currently recovering from the cold :) sounds so yummy x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I recommend it! It really warms you up :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...