Monday, 23 December 2013

Mushroom and Asparagus Pie | Plus Bonus Life Update

Hey, blog, how are you? More like who are you?

Yes, I haven't blogged in absolutely ages and believe me, I feel bad about it. I really enjoy blogging, and get a lot out of it, but unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes. Not that I'm here to make excuses, I'm just owning up to it.

In the spirit of posting again, here's a made up in Tesco pie recipe I made when I went round to a friend's house the other week.

Pie and Mash
Mmmm Pie. And Veggie too. My favourite :)

Quick Mushroom and Asparagus Pie
  • 1 sheet pre-made puff pastry
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 boxes mushrooms (we used porcini and shiitake), chopped
  • 1 bunch asparagus spears, chopped
  • Half a small carton of single cream
  • Half a bunch of thyme, chopped
  • Beaten egg (or milk) for glazing the pastry
  • Salt and Pepper
Basically:
  • I chucked the olive oil and garlic into a saucepan and sautéed until the garlic smelt good. 
  • Then I added the mushrooms and asparagus and cooked them until they were soft. 
  • I then stirred the cream, the thyme and the salt & pepper through and then poured everything into a glass dish. 
  • I then covered this with the pre-made pastry and then brushed it with beaten egg. 
  • I then popped it in the oven for 15 minutes, and hey presto: pie! 
Served with mashed potato and veggie gravy it's perfection.

So, yes, I'll be back to blogging regularly now. I have a huge backlog of posts I have been meaning to write, so I really need to just get on with it!!

 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...