Thursday, 27 March 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review | Light Vanilla

After bandwagoning and trying the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (which by the way I was not a fan of), I decided to try the foundation from the opposing camp and buy the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. This has been raved about by everyone and their mother, so dutifully, as 3 for 2 time rolled around, I put it in my basket. This is also because my beloved Benefit Hello Flawless foundation ran out and it wasn't yet payday and also I thought I probably shouldn't really shell out £25 for a foundation again. Well, at least not without trying out a cheaper alternative first.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review Swatches
Bourjois Healthy Mix in all its glory
The Bourjois Healthy Mix has been much talked about amongst the beauty community and as ever, I was sceptical about the hype. However, I decided to give it a fair chance. I bought the lightest shade, Light Vanilla, which is pretty pale, but has a yellow undertone.

Pros:

- Affordable at £9.99 for a tube. I have the feeling that this is going to last for a long time, because a little goes a long way with Healthy Mix
- Feels light on the skin and blends easily with either fingertips or a brush
- Illuminates without having bits of glitter in it!

Cons:

- It has a very strong fruity smell, which I don't like. I have sensitive skin, so I'm a little wary of putting anything too strong smelling on my skin
- If I'm having a good skin day, it looks really good, and if I have lots of spots or redness, it doesn't really cover them and it doesn't last all day without a primer
- It has a yellow undertone and I have a pink undertone

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Review
Swatch of Bourjois Healthy Mix (I went a bit pump crazy)

So, on the whole, I like it, but I don't love it. If I were to pit them against each other, the Bourjois Healthy Mix would win over the Rimmel Wake Me Up purely because Healthy Mix doesn't have bits of glitter in it. Apart from that, they're pretty equally matched. 

I'm not 100% sold on Healthy Mix. My mum saw me wearing it and commented that it was a good colour match for me, and mums never lie, so that's a positive, but I prefer foundations with slightly better coverage. I'll use it up, but when the bottle is finished, I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. If only I'd smelt the sample when I tried it in Boots! Oh well, you live and learn.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Review
Healthy Mix blended in. A little bit yellow

Have you used Healthy Mix? What did you think?

Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a reputable contextual ad company, I suggest you have a look at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...