Sunday, 23 March 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick Review | 05 Brun Boheme

Bourjois have brought out a new range of vintage inspired lipsticks called the Rouge Edition Range and during the recent Boots 3 for 2 offer, I decided to pick up number 05 Brun Boheme from the range. I thought a review was in order because this Rouge Edition lipstick is fast becoming my favourite and it deserves to have its praises sung.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 05 Brun Boheme
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 05 Brun Boheme is a beauty

I think a lot of people have already reviewed these, by the looks of it because they were sent them for free, so I can't vouch for the entire range, but 05 Brun Boheme is the perfect colour and I just needed to write about it. I blogged about my search for the perfect 'your lips but better' colour before and I found the Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick range, which I did like. However, I think the Bourjois lipstick is better. Not in the least because it doesn't have a sickly sweet scent.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 05 Brun Boheme
Sleek and classy packaging for the Rouge Editions
Brun Boheme costs £7.99, which is reasonable for a decent lipstick. I find that the cheaper ranges, for example the Barry M lipsticks, just don't have the lasting power. Bourjois Rouge Edition, on the other hand, lasts pretty much all day. I wore it to a family meal and I had three courses and various drinks and it was still intact for photos as we left. That's amazing for any lipstick, let alone one you can buy in Boots.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 05 Brun Boheme
Handy that you can see the colour in the lid

Bourjois claim that their lipstick hydrates and protects lips for up to 10 hours, and I'd have to agree. I think 10 hours may be pushing it slightly, but it does leave my lips feeling soft and doesn't cake, or flake or any of those nasty things that cheaper lipsticks tend to do. The formula is highly pigmented and creamy, and glides on easily. I think the colour is perfect because it's a browny-red, which compliments my fair complexion very well. I'm learning that, at least for me, it's better to stick with earthy toned colours, as opposed to brash pinks and the like.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 05 Brun Boheme
Swatch time! It's so pigmented- that's only one swipe

In fact, I can't really think of anything negative to say about it. If I were to be really picky, I'd say that the shape of the lipstick in the tube is a bit annoying, because it's hard to precisely apply it around the edge of your lips. However, that's a really minor gripe. 

I think this lipstick is absolutely fantastic. It easily holds its own against my Laura Mercier lipstick, which had been my favourite up until now. I'm definitely going to go for the Rouge Edition line if I need a new lipstick in the future, and would recommend the range to anyone. Happy pouting!

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 05 Brun Boheme
Pouting for Christmas


Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...