Saturday, 29 March 2014

Stila In The Light Palette Review | Neutral Eyeshadows

It was a sad day when I had to throw out my Urban Decay Naked Palette. I'd owned it for about 4 years and it was looking a bit grubby and sad. The shadows had lost their lustre and it was time to move on. There are a plethora of neutral palettes out there, and in the end I settled on buying Stila's In The Light Palette. This, again, is another product that has been much hyped, and I think that with this palette, there's very good reason, as it is fantastic.

Stila In The Light Palette Review and Swatches
The Stila In The Light Palette, now with improved mirror
In The Light comes with 10 eyeshadows, and a mixture of flattering neutral shades for different skin tones. Stila also include a booklet including some looks you can do with the eyeshadows, although I think the booklet needs updating because some of the eyeshadow names are wrong! I wear this palette to work, and I use an old Jemma Kidd makeup brush to apply the shadows. They go on easily and blend perfectly with each-other.

I bought mine from Boots for £25 and I don't regret it one bit. For one thing, it's £12 cheaper than the Naked Palette, which is a big plus, and I like 9 of the 10 eyeshadows, whereas with the Naked palette, I only actually ever used two regularly. The In The Light Palette also comes with a brown/black smudge stick, which is fantastic. It stays put all day and does not budge. At all. It's perfect.

The eyeshadows are pigmented and creamy. The glittery shadows are easier to apply than the matte ones, which need a bit of coaxing to build up colour. Once they do, they look good, though. My favourites of the palette are definitely Bliss and Sunset (3 and 4 on the top row). I had been looking for a mauvey taupe and an orangey brown and I found them both in one palette, so I knew that I had to buy it! The only one I don't like is Night Sky (Number 4 on the bottom row) because it is a blue eyeshadow and blue eyeshadows do not look good with hazel eyes and freckled skin.

Stila In The Light Palette Review and Swatches
In The Light Swatches

I've worn this every day since I bought it and the eyeshadows have decent staying power, but it does depend on which one you use. Some of the glittery ones do survive into the evening, but the matte ones aren't quite as long lasting. However, I have never found an eyeshadow that stays on all day, so I won't hold it against them. The only things that stay on without a primer are the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and I only like one of those colours, so I think palettes are better for variety.

I'm really impressed with Stila as a brand. I own one other product by them, the Convertible Colour in Poppy, which is still going strong. I think this palette is good quality, with a flattering variety of colours and is worth the £25 price tag for the use I'm going to get out of it. I was originally debating about finally caving and buying some Mac eyeshadows, but I thought it was better value to go for the Stila palette and I think that was a very good decision.


 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...