Sunday, 6 April 2014

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush Review | Pinched 100

I don't really like to do a negative review, but my god is this cream blush awful. I bought the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Pinched (100) from Boots and I am so disappointed with it. It was £7.99, which is way too much for something that has no pigmentation, no lasting power and cuts through foundation like acid.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blusher Pinched 100
It looks so innocent, but it's pure evil
Don't get me wrong, I like Revlon. I love their Photoready primer, which despite having a weird smell, is pretty good at keeping my foundation on all day. This blusher, however, is abhorrent. 

The story to me buying this blusher is as follows: I read in a magazine that people with red hair and pale skin should use peach blusher. So, I dutifully went to Boots to search for one. My local Boots isn't very big and this was the only peachy blusher in there, so I thought, well how bad could it be? They didn't have a tester out, so I took a chance and got it anyway. This was a big mistake. If I'd swatched it, I would have known that it was awful.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blusher Pinched 100
Pretty colour in the pot, right? Not out of it
I've only ever bought one other cream blusher, and that was from MUA, the cheap brand in Superdrug, and that cost me the grand total of £1, so I wasn't too fussed that the colour wasn't right for me. The lasting power, however was fantastic, and it actually showed up on the skin after one swipe. The same cannot be said for the Photoready Cream Blush. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite of photo ready. It's shockingly, well, chalky. Not a word that I'd usually associate with cream blushers, but it's not a pleasant texture.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blusher Pinched 100
This is straight out of the pot. And three layers of it!
For a cream blusher, it's difficult to apply because it's very slippery, yet not smooth. It's hard to describe. By far the worst thing about this blusher is the colour pay-off. In the pot, it looks a lovely peachy shade. However, in the above picture, it took me three layers to get the colour to show, and as you can see from the photo below, as soon as you blend it in, it all but disappears. What's the point?! When I used it for the first time on my face, it completely cut through my foundation and primer and sat on top of my skin like scum on top of a lake. It was disgusting. It got caught in my pores and made them look massive. I was so disappointed.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blusher Pinched 100
"Blended" into the skin. Squint hard enough and you might see it

Safe to say, I would not recommend the Photoready cream blusher to anybody. It is vile. Do not waste your money. It hasn't put me off cream blushers, but I will definitely be swatching them before I buy them next time. But for the time being, I'll stick to my trusty powder blushers.

 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...