Saturday, 31 May 2014

Delicious Moroccan Feast!

For my mum's birthday I decided to make her a Moroccan feast!  We usually have the same old things- spag bol, sausage casserole, chilli- and as delicious as they are, I thought it was time to branch out and make something new. I'd never made any of these dishes before (well, I'd made cous cous before, but not like this) and was really happy with how they turned out.

Delicious Moroccan Feast
The Moroccan Feast!

I used the following recipes: 

Lamb Tagine with Apricots - delicious! Didn't make any substitutions, except that I used lemon paste instead of a whole lemon because I couldn't find one in Tesco
Moroccan Carrot Salad - Really zingy and refreshing. I also added sultanas for an extra texture
Tzatziki - I know this is technically Greek but it was so. good. Seriously. Make this from scratch and you'll never go back. The only annoying thing was draining the cucumber!
Flatbreads - Really good! I think they taste best if you serve them as soon as you cook them
Cous cous - Tasted so much better than just boiling it to death in a saucepan. Although, a word of warning, it takes forever!

All of this took me pretty much a whole day to make, on and off, with a lot of waiting in between. It was obviously worth it though, because it tasted delicious, but I would seriously set aside about 7 hours to get it all done in. I was going to make a pudding as well, but was so knackered, I didn't get round to it.

The important thing was that my mum enjoyed it and that the food tasted good, so overall I was really happy with the meal. I only wish it had taken a little less time to make. I've got knitting to do, after all!

Delicious Moroccan Feast
Authentic cous cous

Delicious Moroccan Feast
Lamb Tagine with Apricots

Delicious Moroccan Feast
Moroccan Carrot Salad

Delicious Moroccan Feast
Moroccan Flatbreads

Delicious Moroccan Feast
Home-made Tzatziki

Delicious Moroccan Feast
The tablecloth is Tanzanian fabric

Delicious Moroccan Feast
My favourite- olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip

Beautiful Flowers
And some beautiful flowers!

 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...