Saturday, 17 May 2014

DIY Doughnut Pincushion

This is just about the most precious thing I have ever made- a DIY doughnut pincushion! I found this very helpful tutorial on The World of Pipinopolis and decided to make one of my own. I didn't write a tutorial, because there's no point in reproducing the fantastic one I have linked above. I was in need of a pincushion and I decided to make one, rather than buy one, and I'm very happy with my decision.

DIY Doughnut Pincushion
This doughnut is giving me serious Simpsons vibes

The pincushion was really quick and easy to make and took me less than an hour. The only trouble I had was finding a needle thin enough to thread the beads through! It was also really cheap, since I only needed to buy 4 things (well, 5 if you count the needles).

DIY Doughnut Pincushion
Pretty happy with my hand sewing efforts

I got the felt from Hobbycraft for 50p a sheet, the beads on eBay for £1.99 for 50g of beads (I have so many left), £1 for the stuffing, which I bought as part of a make your own Easter bunny kit from Poundland and £1 for the needles from the local market. So a fiver for the pincushion, with lots left over for other projects!

DIY Doughnut Pincushion
Although I did cheat and glue the icing on...

All in all, it was a quick, cheap and easy project that is very satisfying and brings a smile to my face when I use it. In fact, I might just have to make some more. Who knows, I could expand the range to include all sorts of baked goods. Watch this space...

DIY Doughnut Pincushion
A no calorie sweet treat!
 
Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...