Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Mac So Chaud and Crosswires Lipstick Review

I caved! I did it. I finally bought some Mac lipsticks. So Chaud and Crosswires to be exact. This is a purchase that was a long time coming. It was influenced in part by the fact that I had my make up done professionally and these were the colours that the make up artist used on me and I fell in love with them instantly. Well, to be more specific, they came from the Mac Pro Editorial Oranges palette and I ummed and ahhed about buying that instead, but in the end just bought the lipsticks separately because a) I didn't like the other colours in the palette and b) I would have then had to spend a similar amount on a lip brush and I can't be bothered with that.

So I went and bought So Chaud and Crosswires and I have to say, I'm very glad that I did. When I had my make up done, I was chatting with the make up artist for a while and she said that, with make up, if you buy cheap, then you buy twice. Thinking about it, she's right. I've got loads of stuff that I've bought because it was a "bargain" and actually, I should have just got the high end product. This is not true in all cases, but where I really think it makes a difference is foundation. (Not that I've bought any foundation this time, but that's next on my list!) 

Basically, with these two lipsticks, I've bought a day and night lipstick. Crosswires is a cremesheen and is a great day time neutral. I think it's a very pretty spring-summer colour and is very natural. So Chaud has more impact, and as I've learnt, orange toned reds are better for me than blue toned reds! This lipstick is a matte and has excellent lasting power. I wore it all day, ate two meals with it on, and it didn't budge! Amazing. Overall, I really like the quality of these, but wish they were a teeny bit cheaper.

I'm really happy with my Mac lipstick purchases, but I think I'll stick to these for now. I think it's very easy to get swept up in the beauty guru craze and buy the popular lipsticks- Shy Girl, Ruby Woo, Creme Cup, Rebel etc etc but I think I will stick to these two that I know suit me and that I like. Having just spent £30 on lipstick, I think I'll give myself a bit of a rest!

Mac So Chaud Lipstick Swatch
So Chaud is an orangey red

Mac So Chaud Lipstick Swatch
So Chaud, the matte lipstick

Mac So Chaud Lipstick Swatch
So Chaud in the tube

Mac Crosswires Lipstick Swatch
Crosswires on the lips, a lovely pink

Mac Crosswires Lipstick Swatch
Crosswires is a cremesheen lipstick

Mac Crosswires Lipstick Swatch
Crosswires in the tube

Mac Crosswires And So Chaud Lipstick Swatch
So Chaud on the left and Crosswires on the right

 Do you follow me on Bloglovin' / Instagram / Twitter ? 
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...