Wednesday, 28 May 2014

My Trip To Paris! (Day 0)

Bonjour! I'm in Paris and I'm so excited to be here! I haven't had much of a chance to explore the city yet because all I've done is check into the hotel and get some dinner, but I'm excited to explore Paris tomorrow!

I've been to Paris once before, about 7 years ago, but that was only for the day, so I can't wait to see more of the city of love.


My plans are to visit:

The famous three art galleries (Louvre, D'Orsay and Pompidou)
Quasimodo's crib, the Notre Dame
Sephora and City Pharma
The Eiffel Tower, obvs
Sacre Coeur and Arc du Triomphe
Versailles
Oscar Wilde's grave
And more!


I don't know if I'll have time to visit them all, and maybe I'll have to be a bit more realistic with my plans, but I'll give it a good go. I've got my proper camera with me, but not my laptop, so the real photos will have to wait!

In the meantime, these pictures pretty much sum up my experience so far. The flight over was fine, except it was delayed because there was a fire (!!!) in the terminal. Luckily I only heard about it when I was on board or I would've been a little worried. I got to the airport obscenely early, as you do, and had some sushi and did a little shopping. I actually wanted to try Jamie's Italian but the queue was ridic. Boo.

I picked up a bit of mac from duty free, but couldn't get too much because I'm hand luggage only and won't be able to get it all back home if I'm not careful! I went for the Peaches blush and a 217 (not to be used together of course...) and I'm happy with my choices. I was going to get some eyeshadow as well, but maybe that's for the journey home... I switched some other makeup and was sorely tempted by some Jo Malone perfume, but I want to see what the pharmacies have to offer.



In the short time I've been here, I've found the people very polite and kind, the atmosphere welcoming and the food excellent. The only grumble I have is with the trains. They are so grim. I thought tfl trains were grotty and my god they're nothing compared to the state of the metro! I'll never complain about the tube again. (Well......maybe that's not strictly true) 

Anyway, I'm excited to see the sights and especially the art tomorrow! I'll keep you updated on what I get up to. A bientot! 




Categories: , ,

2 comments:

  1. have the best time my love!! don't eat any snails tho. xxxxxx

    ps I HAVE JUST REALISED YOU HAVE YOUR TWITTER LINK ON THE LITTLE SIDEBAR THING THIS IS VERY EXCITING I AM NOW GOING TO FOLLOW YOU EXPECT LOTS OF ANNOYING TWEETS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci!! No snails, don't worry. Yuck!!

      Hahah I love tweets. I'll send lots of annoying ones back xxxxxxxx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...